In April we learned that ABC was considering a new Muppet television series that would explore their personal lives in an Office-style Mockumentary. And last week it was revealed that the pilot would be backed up to series which means we’ll be getting a new Muppet show on primetime television. I’m a huge Muppets fanboy but I’ll admit I was skeptical when the news of this new show hit. But ABC has now released a trailer for The Muppets and I’m now a believer. Watch The Muppets tv trailer embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
With Force Awakens rumors, social media, spoilers, merchandise, it’s another jam-packed edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Check out our first possible look at Maz Kanata in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Disney is deliberately pacing marketing and merchandise for Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- Check out Tim Doyle‘s new Star Wars: The Force Awakens poster.
- Read Vanity Fair‘s extended interview with J.J. Abrams.
- Watch an interview with the production designers of The Force Awakens.
- John Boyega won’t even share Force Awakens secrets with his family.
- Carrie Fisher‘s Mother’s Day Tweet was amazing.
- Billie Lourd confirms she’s not playing a young Leia in The Force Awakens.
- Check out the cover Marvel Comics’ Lando #1.
- Listen to audio from inside a theater in 1977 showing Star Wars.
- Read some potential spoilers about a scene involving Rey and Kylo Ren.
Read More »
Last month we learned that Ryan Gosling is in talks to star in Guillermo del Toro‘s long-in-development big screen adaptation of Walt Disney’s classic theme park ride The Haunted Mansion. When del Toro announced the film at the 2010 San Diego Comic Con International, he revealed that the Hatbox Ghost would be a pivotal character in his adaptation. The hatbox ghost is a Disneyland legend, a character that appeared originally in the attraction but mysteriously disappeared shortly after the attraction’s debut. Good news for Disneyland fanatics like me, the Mouse House have finally brought the Hatbox Ghost back to his home over the weekend.
Read More »
Posted on Monday, May 11th, 2015 by Angie Han
With Tomorrowland out of the way, Brad Bird is ready to redirect his attention to an old new project. The filmmaker confirms The Incredibles 2 will be his next movie, after years of fans pestering him to make a sequel to the superhero feature. Get the Brad Bird Incredibles 2 status update after the jump. Read More »
Star Wars: The Force Awakens is inspired by George Lucas‘ creations, but it is not itself a George Lucas creation. Lucas has stressed that he has “no idea what they’re doing,” and expressed his eagerness to “enjoy it like anybody else.”
But there was a time before the Lucasfilm sale when Lucas was developing his own Episode VII, going as far as to approach Harrison Ford, Carrie Fischer, and Mark Hamill about reprising their roles. Now a new report sheds some light on what the George Lucas Episode VII would have been — and why it didn’t go forward at Disney. Get the juicy details after the jump. Read More »
The Star Wars Rebels season 2 premiere, The Siege of Lothal, will premiere on June 20. And you do not want to miss it. In an instant, the stakes on the Disney XD show are shot through the roof. However, when I spoke with the show’s executive producer Dave Filoni at Star Wars Celebration, I didn’t yet know that. We had just seen the epic season 2 trailer and I knew the notoriously cagey producer wasn’t going to spoil anything. So, instead, I looked ahead to season to and back to season 1. What did I want to know as a Star Wars fan after watching that amazing series and that awesome trailer?
In our interview, Filoni talks about the shadow Darth Vader will have over the upcoming season of the show. He talks about the weight of holding back secrets, Ezra’s lightsaber, as well as how the Rebellion will develop this season and the reintroduction of some iconic ships. Below, read our full season 2 Dave Filoni Star Wars Rebels interview from Star Wars Celebration. Read More »
Rumors are swirling for who might direct Star Wars: Episode IX. Demands are building for who should replace Josh Trank as director of the second Star Wars Anthology film. And there are some new details about Star Wars Weekends, the new Star Wars Battlefront and more in this edition of Star Wars Bits.
- Rumors are swirling about Joss Whedon directing Episode IX,
- Fans are asking for Joe Johnston to direct the second Star Wars Anthology movie,
- There’s an interview with the Star Wars Rebels line producer and production manager,
- Star Wars Weekends adding Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience,
- Details on Greg Grunberg‘s role in The Force Awakens,
- When is Secret Cinema‘s screening of Empire Strikes Back?
- Where is Poe Dameron from?
- An interview with Star Wars LEGO master builder Erik Varszegi,
- Star Wars Battlefront tease of planet Sullust and playable AT-ST,
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens reference books coming in December,
- And see a preview of the Darth Vader #5 comic.
Read More »
Did you like the first Captain America movie? How about the second? Did you say especially the second? Well, if that’s true – and you’re excited for Captain America: Civil War – you’re going to be really excited for both parts of Avengers: Infinity War.
After the directors of Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Civil War, the Russo Brothers, have already signed to direct the two part Avengers epic. Now the writers behind the entire Captain America trilogy, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, have signed to write them. Markus and McFeely also wrote Thor: The Dark World so they’re pretty much as essential to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as anyone. Read more about the Avengers Infinity War writers below.
Update: This has been confirmed by a report from Marvel.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Walt Disney Studios have announced the big presentation line-up for D23 Expo 2015. The line-up includes a Disney Legends Awards Ceremony hosted by Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger, presentations by Disney Animation and Pixar, as well as Walt Disney Studios live action (which includes Disney, Marvel, and Lucasfilm). Walt Disney Parks and Resorts will have a presentation this year hosted by Parks Chairman Bob Chapek. Full details on the D23 Expo 2015 schedule after the jump.
Read More »