We’ve heard that Chris Pratt is the frontrunner to play a new version of Indiana Jones. Now, despite the fact that Pratt is not actually signed for the film, there’s word that Steven Spielberg wants to direct him in the Indiana Jones reboot, so long as the script turns out well. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
In the comic books, Ultron is all but unbeatable. He’s artificially intelligent and, in addition to being super strong, fast and all that good stuff, he can transfer his consciousness and recreate himself. (He’s also changed powers over the years too.) So just when you think he’s dead, bang, he’s back in another form. That’s a big problem for a superhero movie where the good guys kind of have to win, according to Joss Whedon.
In an interview from the set of Avengers: Age of Ultron, the writer/director of the superhero sequel talked about the fact Ultron is so powerful in the comics, he was forced to dial back his abilities for the movie world. He also discussed how introducing Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch into the film helped the title character. Read the Joss Whedon Avengers Age of Ultron quotes below. Read More »
The East Coast of the United States has been stuck in a bit of a deep freeze over the past few weeks. Many inches of snow, subzero temperatures, and no one to blame. Or is there?
In Harlan, Kentucky (not quite the East Coast but still) they’re blaming Queen Elsa of Arendelle, aka the Ice Queen star of Disney’s hit film Frozen. The Harlan City Police Department has issued an arrest warrant for Elsa because of the snow.
In other Frozen-humor news the co-stars of The Duff, Bella Thorne and Mae Whitman, have shared a behind the scenes video from a live-action remake of Frozen, created with the help of Funny or Die. Check out two Frozen jokes below. Read More »
Star Wars: The Force Awakens spoilers are like fast food. You know they’re bad, but you desperately want them. Some people have the enviable discipline to avoid spoilers, aiming to preserve the theatrical experience coming this December. Others omnivorously devour them, aiming to capture just a hint of what we hope to experience when the film finally comes out.
For spoiler hounds, one of the arguments we tell ourselves is “Maybe this isn’t true.” We hope we’re just reading speculation and that the truth isn’t out there yet. It turns out, that itself is a lie.
In a new interview, co-writer and director of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, J.J. Abrams, confirmed that some of the spoilers out there are true, others are false, and that he definitely understands why people read them. Read what J.J. Abrams has to say about Star Wars spoilers below. Read More »
We start at the beginning of The Force Awakens and end in a bigger fantasy world in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A possible description of the first several scenes in Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now online.
- See the poster for Star Wars Weekends 2015.
- Read about a Kickstarter that promises to be “the ultimate Star Wars fan film.”
- Gary Whitta kind of talked about his role on the Star Wars standalone.
- The writer of the new Darth Vader comic book offers some insight.
- All of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys revealed at Toy Fair were strikingly familiar.
- The Art of Episode VII book is reportedly coming out November 2.
- Which character is missing from the cover of Princess Leia #1?
- See images from the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Watch a Jedi and a Sith argue over the cross guard lightsaber in The Force Awakens.
- A trailer for the Star Wars Trilogy edited in the style of Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Captain Kirk takes on Darth Vader in a Star Wars vs. Star Trek fan trailer.
Read More »
It took years of waiting and writing but Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is now in production. As expected, the title is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales and it’s being directed by Kon-Tiki filmmakers Espen Sandberg & Joachim Rønning. Almost all the casting has already been announced (Javier Bardem, Kaya Scodelario, Brenton Thwaites) but the first official plot synopsis of the film has now been revealed. Read the Pirates of the Caribbean 5 plot synopsis below.
UPDATE: Producer Jerry Bruckheimer has already tweeted the first set photo. See it below. Read More »
Disney’s animated interpretation of Guardians of the Galaxy is currently casting up. Tuesday, Groot and Rocket were given TV voices. Now Peter Quill, aka Star-Lord, has been given life. Former Boy Meets World star Will Friedle will provide the voice for the Earthling who was kidnapped and brought out into space on the 2015 Disney XD show.
Below, read more about the Guardians of the Galaxy animated series and see Friedle’s introduction.
UPDATE: David Sobolov has been announced as Drax as well. Read More »
The words “Tron” and “video game” are about as synonymous as “Marvel” and “comic book.” Tron, of course, is the 1982 Disney film, by Steven Lisberger, which was directly influenced by video games. It’s basically about a man who goes into a game, and the first film spawned several games and then, a few decades later, a sequel that took the idea even further. More games then came out of that sequel.
While fans patiently wait for a third film that will probably never happen, it seems like a new Tron video game may be on the way. In an interview with Oscar-winning songwriter and composer Giorgio Moroder, he says he’s going to be working with electronic music producer Skrillex on the music for a new Tron video game. Read more below. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
A major question may have been answered and a major amount of art is featured in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about:
- Mark Hamill offers a cryptic tease of Luke Skywalker’s role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- There’s a real lack of female characters made as Hasbro Star Wars toys.
- Check out a preview of Marvel’s Star Wars #3.
- Greg Grunberg talks about working on, and the secrecy surrounding Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- See a bunch of exclusive art that will be available at Star Wars Celebration.
- Has Rey’s speeder already made it into the world of Star Wars?
- A large batch of rumors, some new some old, have been posted online.
Read More »