Saturday afternoon at the end of Legendary Pictures’ Hall H presentation at 2014 San Diego Comic Con International, Studio head Thomas Tull left the crowd with one last surprise — an announcement teaser for a King Kong prequel Skull Island. Instead of surprise and excitement, the crowd was left confused. That was definitely not the reaction that Legendary had intended. Why did the packed Hall H crowd have that reaction? I have a theory about the Skull Island confusion which you can read, after the jump.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Posted on Tuesday, July 29th, 2014 by Angie Han
It’s easy to get jaded about Comic-Con. The food is terrible, the lines are long, and the panels can be hit-or-miss. But every year, there are a few moments that make you drop your cynicism and remember what makes it magical.
One of this year’s unexpected highlights came during the Orphan Black Comic-Con panel, when a fan stepped up to share a very personal story about how the show had helped ease her coming-out to her family. The anecdote literally moved Tatiana Maslany to tears. Watch the touching moment after the jump.
Read More »
At the end of the Legendary panel, studio head Thomas Tull returned to the stage to thank the fans and show off one last thing. The surprise is the announcement of a new King Kong movie titled Skull Island. Thomas Tull announced that they had “been tinkering around with one thing” and showed us some footage for a project that may be a long way out.
Read More »
The /Film crew (Russ Fischer, Germain Lussier, Angie Han and myself, Peter Sciretta ) were in attendance at San Diego Comic Con 2014 over the last five days. While in San Diego, we delivered full coverage of the most interesting movie and television events and news from the convention. Here is a complete listing of everything we covered from Comic Con 2014:
Comic Con 2014 News and Announcements:
- Game of Thrones season 5 casting announcements
- The Last of Us movie announced, Maisie Williams in talks to star
- Possible Godzilla 2 monsters revealed
- Legendary Announces King Kong prequel movie Skull Island
- Ant-Man casting confirms Yellowjacket and Hope Pym
- New and surprising returning cast revealed for Hannibal
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 release date and director confirmed
- Joaquin Phoenix in Talks for Doctor Strange
- Kevin Smith Reveals Plans For ‘True North Trilogy’ Beginning With his low budget horror film Tusk
- Evil Dead television series announced By Sam Raimi
- Patrick Wilson exits Ant-Man
- Quentin Tarantino Confirms ‘The Hateful Eight’, Wants to Do Sci-Fi
- Marvel’s Agent Carter television series directors will include a few filmmakers from the marvel movie universe
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D adds some new cast members, find out which Marvel characters they will play
- Laika would like to make a hand-drawn animated movie
- Warner Bros. Wants Argo Scribe Chris Terrio for ‘Justice League’
- ‘Doctor Strange’s Supernatural Journeys May Look Like ‘Cosmos’
- Paul Bettany says Vision has density-shifting power in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’
- Firefly cast will reunite for Firefly Online
- Which Movies And TV Shows Had The Highest 2014 Comic Con Buzz?
Comic Con 2014 Panel Recaps, Footage Descriptions and Reactions:
Videos, Trailers, Video Blogs from Comic Con 2014 :
Photos, First Look Images, Concept Art, Posters From Comic Con 2014:
- Wonder Woman costume revealed in first photo from Batman v Superman
- Avengers: Age of Ultron concept art reveals Ultron, The Vision and more.
- 45 Photos and Cool Things I Spotted On The 2014 Comic Con Show Floor
- First Look at the Warcraft weapons
- Chappie’s Family Revealed In Window Cling For Neill Blomkamp’s Latest
- The Maze Runner sequel concept art revealed
- Ant-Man Comic Con Poster Revealed
- Avengers: Age of Ultron Props Reveal Early Ultron and Broken Captain America Shield
- Photos of the new Batman v Superman Batsuit
- Mondo poster for a new Heavy Metal movie
- New Star Wars comics announced, get a first look at all three including a Princess Leia miniseries
- Loki’s staff mysteriously appears in the Marvel booth attached to a strange device
- A look inside Pixels arcade where we get our first look at the Ghostbusters-like hero car and video of Peter Dinklage as a Billy Mitchell-type character.
- A first look at WETA’s miniature creation for the Thunderbirds remake
- Neill Blomkamp’s Chappie Poster Is at Comic-Con
- A look and reaction to the New Toy Story short film Toy Story That Time Forgot
- See a first look photo of Black Widow riding a motorcycle in Avengers 2
- Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover Announced By Boom Studios
- First Look: Michael Mann and Chris Hemsworth Cyber-Thriller ‘Blackhat’
- A first look at the live action Spongebob Squarepants Movie
- Leprechaun: Origins Photo: First Reveal Of The Leprechaun
- First Look: ‘Frozen’s Elsa in ABC’s ‘Once Upon A Time’
- Mondo’s Comic-Con Posters Include Tons of ‘Guardians of the Galaxy,’ ‘Batman,’ and Video Games
- Acme and Nucleus art prints
From the entire /Film crew, I want to thank you for reading our 2014 Comic Con coverage. Note, we will be updating this post over the next day or two as we complete our coverage.
During the Marvel Television panel at 2014 Comic Con, they premiered an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. blooper reel which had the packed Ballroom 20 crowd in laughter. With The Complete First Season coming to DVD and Blu-ray on September 9th 2014, Disney Home Entertainment has released the entertaining gag reel video from the bonus features. Watch the Agents of SHIELD blooper reel embedded after the jump, along with information on the home video release of the first season.
Read More »
While in San Diego, I snapped photos of some of the coolest promotional and product displays on the 2014 edition of the Comic Con International. After the jump you can see the best of the Comic Con show floor photos and images from around the convention.
Read More »
Because The Road Warrior is one of the best and most pure action films ever made, we’ve been clocking the development of Fury Road for years. Our first coverage was back in 2008, and the announcement that Charlize Theron and Tom Hardy could be in the film dates back to ’09. News that director George Miller has written not one, but two sequels goes back to 2011.
So the Comic Con appearance of Mad Max: Fury Road was a great pleasure. The fact that the film was among the most striking things we saw at SDCC 2014 was even more impressive; after all those years in development, who knew what to expect? We’ve shown you the trailer, and now you can watch the whole Fury Road press conference, in which Miller and producer Doug Mitchell discuss the film’s development, story, and production. We’ve also gone back to a TV appearance Miller did several years ago, talking about the film. Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
One of the more appealing panels at Comic Con this year was organized around Fight Club. It featured novel author Chuck Palahniuk and film director David Fincher talking about the film, and the comic book sequel. Of course, it’s also one of the panels we were unable to attend, but that’s OK. The whole thing is available as an audio stream, and in very good quality. Listen to the full Fight Club Comic Con panel below, thanks to Jeff Goldsmith. Read More »