One of the highlights of San Diego Comic-Con for me was Star Wars Rebels. Not only did I finally get to see and revel in the fantastic pilot, I got the chance to discuss it with two of its executive producers, Dave Filoni and Simon Kinberg. In a 15-year professional career, it was the first time I got to sit down and discuss Star Wars with people directly involved in Star Wars. It was pretty exciting.
Over the course of the next few days, we’re going to share the highlights of these one on one interviews. To start, I talked with both men about where, when and how Star Wars Rebels fits into the overall canon of Star Wars, what that means, how it effects their storytelling, and linking into the original trilogy. Read their quotes about the Star Wars Rebels plot connections below. Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Last year we featured a cosplay music video from the 2013 edition of Comic Con. SneakyZebra has returned a year later with another great music video showcasing some of the best cosplayers he came across at San Diego Comic Con International 2014. This years video even features some notable attempts by Stan Winston School & LegacyFX, some of the stars of SyFy’s Heroes of Cosplay television series (Yaya Han, Chloe Dykstra, Riddle), Chris Hardwick of Nerdist and more. Watch the Comic Con 2014 Cosplay music video embedded after the jump.
Read More »
Most people don’t know where Disney XD is on their television channel lineup, but that’s going to change soon. That’s not only where Star Wars Rebels will debut later this year, but also the home for a Guardians of the Galaxy animated show. There’s no word on exactly when it’ll air, but it’s a show that’s been in the works for a while. The characters have been appearing on other Marvel Animation shows for some time in preparation.
With the announcement, about one minute of footage was screened at Comic Con, and we have a description of the debut. Read more about the Guardians of the Galaxy animated series below and watch the full Marvel Animation Panel. Read More »
Saturday afternoon at the end of Legendary Pictures’ Hall H presentation at 2014 San Diego Comic Con International, Studio head Thomas Tull left the crowd with one last surprise — an announcement teaser for a King Kong prequel Skull Island. Instead of surprise and excitement, the crowd was left confused. That was definitely not the reaction that Legendary had intended. Why did the packed Hall H crowd have that reaction? I have a theory about the Skull Island confusion which you can read, after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Tuesday, July 29th, 2014 by Angie Han
It’s easy to get jaded about Comic-Con. The food is terrible, the lines are long, and the panels can be hit-or-miss. But every year, there are a few moments that make you drop your cynicism and remember what makes it magical.
One of this year’s unexpected highlights came during the Orphan Black Comic-Con panel, when a fan stepped up to share a very personal story about how the show had helped ease her coming-out to her family. The anecdote literally moved Tatiana Maslany to tears. Watch the touching moment after the jump.
Read More »
At the end of the Legendary panel, studio head Thomas Tull returned to the stage to thank the fans and show off one last thing. The surprise is the announcement of a new King Kong movie titled Skull Island. Thomas Tull announced that they had “been tinkering around with one thing” and showed us some footage for a project that may be a long way out.
Read More »
The /Film crew (Russ Fischer, Germain Lussier, Angie Han and myself, Peter Sciretta ) were in attendance at San Diego Comic Con 2014 over the last five days. While in San Diego, we delivered full coverage of the most interesting movie and television events and news from the convention. Here is a complete listing of everything we covered from Comic Con 2014:
Comic Con 2014 News and Announcements:
- Game of Thrones season 5 casting announcements
- The Last of Us movie announced, Maisie Williams in talks to star
- Possible Godzilla 2 monsters revealed
- Legendary Announces King Kong prequel movie Skull Island
- Ant-Man casting confirms Yellowjacket and Hope Pym
- New and surprising returning cast revealed for Hannibal
- Guardians of the Galaxy 2 release date and director confirmed
- Joaquin Phoenix in Talks for Doctor Strange
- Kevin Smith Reveals Plans For ‘True North Trilogy’ Beginning With his low budget horror film Tusk
- Evil Dead television series announced By Sam Raimi
- Patrick Wilson exits Ant-Man
- Quentin Tarantino Confirms ‘The Hateful Eight’, Wants to Do Sci-Fi
- Marvel’s Agent Carter television series directors will include a few filmmakers from the marvel movie universe
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D adds some new cast members, find out which Marvel characters they will play
- Laika would like to make a hand-drawn animated movie
- Warner Bros. Wants Argo Scribe Chris Terrio for ‘Justice League’
- ‘Doctor Strange’s Supernatural Journeys May Look Like ‘Cosmos’
- Paul Bettany says Vision has density-shifting power in ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’
- Firefly cast will reunite for Firefly Online
- Which Movies And TV Shows Had The Highest 2014 Comic Con Buzz?
Comic Con 2014 Panel Recaps, Footage Descriptions and Reactions:
Videos, Trailers, Video Blogs from Comic Con 2014 :
Photos, First Look Images, Concept Art, Posters From Comic Con 2014:
- Wonder Woman costume revealed in first photo from Batman v Superman
- Avengers: Age of Ultron concept art reveals Ultron, The Vision and more.
- 45 Photos and Cool Things I Spotted On The 2014 Comic Con Show Floor
- First Look at the Warcraft weapons
- Chappie’s Family Revealed In Window Cling For Neill Blomkamp’s Latest
- The Maze Runner sequel concept art revealed
- Ant-Man Comic Con Poster Revealed
- Avengers: Age of Ultron Props Reveal Early Ultron and Broken Captain America Shield
- Photos of the new Batman v Superman Batsuit
- Mondo poster for a new Heavy Metal movie
- New Star Wars comics announced, get a first look at all three including a Princess Leia miniseries
- Loki’s staff mysteriously appears in the Marvel booth attached to a strange device
- A look inside Pixels arcade where we get our first look at the Ghostbusters-like hero car and video of Peter Dinklage as a Billy Mitchell-type character.
- A first look at WETA’s miniature creation for the Thunderbirds remake
- Neill Blomkamp’s Chappie Poster Is at Comic-Con
- A look and reaction to the New Toy Story short film Toy Story That Time Forgot
- See a first look photo of Black Widow riding a motorcycle in Avengers 2
- Star Trek/Planet of the Apes Crossover Announced By Boom Studios
- First Look: Michael Mann and Chris Hemsworth Cyber-Thriller ‘Blackhat’
- A first look at the live action Spongebob Squarepants Movie
- Leprechaun: Origins Photo: First Reveal Of The Leprechaun
- First Look: ‘Frozen’s Elsa in ABC’s ‘Once Upon A Time’
- Mondo’s Comic-Con Posters Include Tons of ‘Guardians of the Galaxy,’ ‘Batman,’ and Video Games
- Acme and Nucleus art prints
From the entire /Film crew, I want to thank you for reading our 2014 Comic Con coverage. Note, we will be updating this post over the next day or two as we complete our coverage.
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
During the Marvel Television panel at 2014 Comic Con, they premiered an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. blooper reel which had the packed Ballroom 20 crowd in laughter. With The Complete First Season coming to DVD and Blu-ray on September 9th 2014, Disney Home Entertainment has released the entertaining gag reel video from the bonus features. Watch the Agents of SHIELD blooper reel embedded after the jump, along with information on the home video release of the first season.
Read More »