Posted on Sunday, February 8th, 2015 by Angie Han
Aspiring actors, disillusioned suburbanites, and little plastic men figure in today’s edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- The Fight Club comic book sequel launches in May
- China and France will get to see Taken 3 in 3D
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 adds a few more mates
- Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel has a new poster
- Martin Starr says a Party Down movie is “unlikely”
- The Lego Movie 2 will introduce Emmet’s sister
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
Marvel is really changing up the roster of one of its major teams, using the new Secret Wars event to create an all-female Avengers team called A-Force. (Yeah, the name is pretty terrible.) The line-up will feature a roster of characters including She-Hulk, Dazzler, Medusa, and Nico Minoru, with at least one new cosmic hero called Singularity. This isn’t the first all-female team in Marvel’s history — far from it, in fact — but it is getting a mainstream promo push unlike anything Marvel has done with other teams in the past.
Read More »
This weekend is a big one for Breaking Bad fans as the spin-off, Better Call Saul, airs its first episode. The show stars Bob Odenkirk as the man who eventually becomes sleazy lawyer Saul Goodman, as seen on Breaking Bad. How and why did Saul become who he is? That’s the question Vince Gilligan and his team will try to answer with Better Call Saul, which airs on February 8.
If you can’t wait until then, or just want a hint of the show’s tone, AMC has released a prequel comic book for the series. This is cool for multiple reasons. One, the story takes place during an episode of Breaking Bad. And two, you don’t even have to download it, you can read the entire thing online, right now. See the Better Call Saul comic book below. Read More »
With other studios holding tight the rights to some of Marvel’s key heroes, what’s Marvel to do when the time comes to bring in characters that are tied to stories Marvel can’t use on screen? One answer might be to change them, just a bit. We have a pretty good idea that Avengers: Age of Ultron will tweak some character origins. Now an Age of Ultron prequel comic that sets up the movie gives us a good idea of how that will happen. One key player is Baron von Strucker, seen at the end of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but we’ll keep any further info and spoilers after the break. Read More »
Lucasfilm is finally cracking down on Force Awakens leaks. That’s just one of the news bits in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Lucasfilm has filed a lawsuit against an Internet user who posted images from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- British actor Aidan Cook may be in The Force Awakens as a creature actor.
- George Lucas appeared at the Sundance Film Festival and didn’t have nice things to say about Hollywood.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Talks Star Wars Rebels Season One and Two, which will be nearly double the length.
- Billy Dee Williams will return as Lando in Star Wars Rebels.
- See a preview of Marvel’s Star Wars #2.
- Oscar Isaac has some strong words about fan reaction to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- How did Star Wars: The Force Awakens take over Toy Fair in Germany?
- A huge batch of potential plot spoilers for The Force Awakens have made it online.
- There are also some possible descriptions of Han, Leia and Chewbacca’s costumes in the film.
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Posted on Thursday, January 22nd, 2015 by Angie Han
Galaxy Quest fans have been insisting for years that they’ll never give up, never surrender their hopes for a sequel. And while aren’t currently any plans in place for a cinematic follow-up, the property has indeed been resurrected in comic book form.
IDW has just released the first issue of Galaxy Quest: The Journey Continues, written by Erik Burnham and illustrated by Nacho Arranz. See a Galaxy Quest comic book preview after the jump. Read More »
How did Howard the Duck end up in the clutches of The Collector in Guardians of the Galaxy? Fans will find out later this year as Marvel Comics is writing a comic book story as a sequel to the Guardians of the Galaxy post-credits scene where Howard is revealed as one of The Collector’s prized possessions. Read more about the upcoming Howard the Duck Guardians of the Galaxy comic book story below. Read More »
Comic book, TV shows and of course The Force Awakens are all covered in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- Mark Hamill reveals he boards the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- A UK reporter uncovers several young actors reportedly cast in The Force Awakens.
- George Lucas has now seen The Force Awakens teaser trailer.
- Oscar Isaac uses a surprising word to describe Poe Dameron.
- Check out the Star Wars #1 Loot Crate variant cover.
- Is there a Force Awakens easter egg in Star Wars #1?
- Watch a featurette on Star Wars #1.
- See sketches from Kanan: The Last Padawan comic.
- Is there a Lando Calrissian comic coming out too?
- Will Marvel do comics set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens?
- Read the titles of some upcoming episodes of Star Wars Rebels.
- The George Lucas Museum may end up in LA if Chicago doesn’t work out.
- Three rumored pieces of Star Wars: The Force Awakens concept art leak.
Read More »
The X-Men of Marvel Comics are famous for being so numerous, and so interconnected in plot and history, that unraveling the connections between all of them is a herculean task. For example, take this fairly comprehensive X-Men timeline video, which runs eleven minutes and has to sprint in order to fit every team member into that running time. Along with the basic character bios, you’ll get a detailed breakdown of decades of X-Men history, including many of the later revisions made to allow older stories to make sense in context with later tales. Read More »