We start at the beginning of The Force Awakens and end in a bigger fantasy world in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following:
- A possible description of the first several scenes in Star Wars: The Force Awakens is now online.
- See the poster for Star Wars Weekends 2015.
- Read about a Kickstarter that promises to be “the ultimate Star Wars fan film.”
- Gary Whitta kind of talked about his role on the Star Wars standalone.
- The writer of the new Darth Vader comic book offers some insight.
- All of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens toys revealed at Toy Fair were strikingly familiar.
- The Art of Episode VII book is reportedly coming out November 2.
- Which character is missing from the cover of Princess Leia #1?
- See images from the LEGO Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Watch a Jedi and a Sith argue over the cross guard lightsaber in The Force Awakens.
- A trailer for the Star Wars Trilogy edited in the style of Avengers: Age of Ultron.
- Captain Kirk takes on Darth Vader in a Star Wars vs. Star Trek fan trailer.
Read More »
Please Recommend /Film on Facebook
A major question may have been answered and a major amount of art is featured in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about:
- Mark Hamill offers a cryptic tease of Luke Skywalker’s role in Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- There’s a real lack of female characters made as Hasbro Star Wars toys.
- Check out a preview of Marvel’s Star Wars #3.
- Greg Grunberg talks about working on, and the secrecy surrounding Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- See a bunch of exclusive art that will be available at Star Wars Celebration.
- Has Rey’s speeder already made it into the world of Star Wars?
- A large batch of rumors, some new some old, have been posted online.
Read More »
If you’re reading this website, you’re most likely excited for Mad Max: Fury Road. Even if you haven’t been following the franchise since its humble beginnings, those trailers certainly hit your geek radar. The visuals and music director George Miller is working with for this latest film, which stars Tom Hardy, Charlize Theron and Nicholas Hoult, look and sound remarkable.
As we all patiently wait for the release of Mad Max: Fury Road on May 15, the DC Comics imprint Vertigo has collaborated with Miller on a few new releases. There’s a large, hardcover book called Mad Max: Fury Road: Inspired Artists which has art influenced and inspired by the world of Mad Max by 65 famous artists. They’re also doing four character centric prequel comics, which will tell the story of characters played by Hoult, Theron and Max immediately before the film begins.
/Film is excited to exclusively debut the first information and covers for the two of these Mad Max Fury Road books. See them below Read More »
Scribd has announced the launch of their unlimited digital comic book subscription section, essentially a “Netflix for comic books.” But how good is this new offering? And how does it compare to the other services offered by Marvel and Amazon? Find out, after the jump.
Read More »
Posted on Sunday, February 8th, 2015 by Angie Han
Aspiring actors, disillusioned suburbanites, and little plastic men figure in today’s edition of Sequel Bits. After the jump:
- The Fight Club comic book sequel launches in May
- China and France will get to see Taken 3 in 3D
- Pirates of the Caribbean 5 adds a few more mates
- Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel has a new poster
- Martin Starr says a Party Down movie is “unlikely”
- The Lego Movie 2 will introduce Emmet’s sister
Read More »
Cool Posts From Around the Web:
Marvel is really changing up the roster of one of its major teams, using the new Secret Wars event to create an all-female Avengers team called A-Force. (Yeah, the name is pretty terrible.) The line-up will feature a roster of characters including She-Hulk, Dazzler, Medusa, and Nico Minoru, with at least one new cosmic hero called Singularity. This isn’t the first all-female team in Marvel’s history — far from it, in fact — but it is getting a mainstream promo push unlike anything Marvel has done with other teams in the past.
Read More »
This weekend is a big one for Breaking Bad fans as the spin-off, Better Call Saul, airs its first episode. The show stars Bob Odenkirk as the man who eventually becomes sleazy lawyer Saul Goodman, as seen on Breaking Bad. How and why did Saul become who he is? That’s the question Vince Gilligan and his team will try to answer with Better Call Saul, which airs on February 8.
If you can’t wait until then, or just want a hint of the show’s tone, AMC has released a prequel comic book for the series. This is cool for multiple reasons. One, the story takes place during an episode of Breaking Bad. And two, you don’t even have to download it, you can read the entire thing online, right now. See the Better Call Saul comic book below. Read More »
With other studios holding tight the rights to some of Marvel’s key heroes, what’s Marvel to do when the time comes to bring in characters that are tied to stories Marvel can’t use on screen? One answer might be to change them, just a bit. We have a pretty good idea that Avengers: Age of Ultron will tweak some character origins. Now an Age of Ultron prequel comic that sets up the movie gives us a good idea of how that will happen. One key player is Baron von Strucker, seen at the end of Captain America: The Winter Soldier, but we’ll keep any further info and spoilers after the break. Read More »
Lucasfilm is finally cracking down on Force Awakens leaks. That’s just one of the news bits in this edition of Star Wars Bits. Below, read about the following.
- Lucasfilm has filed a lawsuit against an Internet user who posted images from Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- British actor Aidan Cook may be in The Force Awakens as a creature actor.
- George Lucas appeared at the Sundance Film Festival and didn’t have nice things to say about Hollywood.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Talks Star Wars Rebels Season One and Two, which will be nearly double the length.
- Billy Dee Williams will return as Lando in Star Wars Rebels.
- See a preview of Marvel’s Star Wars #2.
- Oscar Isaac has some strong words about fan reaction to Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- How did Star Wars: The Force Awakens take over Toy Fair in Germany?
- A huge batch of potential plot spoilers for The Force Awakens have made it online.
- There are also some possible descriptions of Han, Leia and Chewbacca’s costumes in the film.
Read More »