Posted on Monday, August 19th, 2013 by Germain Lussier
Hey Austin, Texas and Los Angeles, California! We’ve got tickets for you to see one of the year’s smartest, funniest films for free next week.
That film is Don Jon, written, directed and starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Co-starring Scarlett Johansson, Tony Danza, Julianne Moore and Brie Larson, Don Jon follows a young ladies man from Jersey (Gordon-Levitt) with one major problem in life: he’s totally addicted to Internet porn. The vice dominates all aspects of his life.
While that might sound like an unusual focus for a film, Gordon-Levitt handles the topic with grace and levity, turning the awkwardness into a commentary on media consumption in pop culture. As good as he is as an actor, Gordon-Levitt might even be a better writer and director.
We’re co-sponsoring free screenings in both Austin and LA on August 27 so, if you are interested, find all the information below.
Here’s the trailer for Don Jon, which opens everywhere September 27.
And here’s how you can see the film on August 27, for free, courtesy of /Film.
- Visit gofobo.com/rsvp.
- Enter the appropriate /Film code. That would be SLASHPR3J in Austin and SLASHK7LU in Los Angeles.
- Sign up and print out your ticket. Be aware there are only a limited amount available.
- Passes don’t guarantee entry. Get there early.
Finally, here’s the specific information on each screening, times are local.
- Los Angeles, CA: 7:30 p.m. August 27, Arclight Hollywood, 6360 West Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA
- Austin, TX: 7:30 p.m. August 27, Galaxy 10, 6700 Middle Fiskville Rd., Austin, TX
We don’t do screenings like this too often so, if we are doing one, you know we really like the movie. You can read my review here or watch this video review from when we first saw the film at Sundance.
Don Jon opens everywhere on September 27.