As much as people like to complain about AMC, but every year they run the Best Picture showcase. What is the AMC 2008 Best Picture Showcase? It is when they show all five films nominated for Best Picture in one day, one ticket, free large popcorn with unlimited refills for only $30. It’s a deal and a a half.
This year’s Best Picture Showcase is taking place on Saturday February 23rd in select theaters (check this link to find a participating theater near you). Sadly, there are no theaters within 20 miles of San Francisco for me to catch the showcase this year. Here is the schedule for those interested in attending:
- Michael Clayton 11:00am (ends at 1:00pm)
- There Will Be Blood 1:20pm (ends at 4:00pm)
- Atonement 4:20pm (ends at 6:23pm)
- Juno 7:00pm (ends at 8:36pm)
- No Country for Old Men 9:00pm (ends at 11:12pm)