Posted on Tuesday, April 10th, 2012 by Angie Han
Sure, you could probably enjoy Joss Whedon‘s The Avengers without knowing the first thing about Thor’s mythological hammer or Captain America’s doomed ’40s romance. But even casual comic book movie fans know the payoff will be all the sweeter if you’ve been with the Marvel Studios mega-saga since Nick Fury first approached Tony Stark in 2008′s Iron Man.
In an effort to help you relive the journey — or fill the gaps in your superhero education if you missed the films the first time — 25 Cinemark locations across the country will be hosting an all-day Avengers movie marathon starting on Thursday, May 3 and wrapping up with a midnight showing of The Avengers. Hit the jump for more details.
Tickets to the one-day event will cost $20, and will include admission to the five films leading up to The Avengers as well as The Avengers itself. In addition, attendees will receive a movie poster and a collectible pin to commemorate the event. And because even the most ardent Marvel fan shouldn’t be expected to go over twelve hours without eating, Cinemark is offering its Marathon viewers discounts at the concession stand including $1 fountain and frozen drink refills, $2 popcorn refills (after the first free refill) and $2 regular hot dogs.
Here’s the schedule for the May 3 event:
- 12:00 PM – Iron Man
- 2:50 PM – The Incredible Hulk
- 5:00 PM – Iron Man 2
- 7:20 PM – Thor
- 9:30 PM – Captain America: The First Avenger
- 12:01 AM – The Avengers
Thor, Captain America, and The Avengers will all be shown in 3D.
There is one caveat, however, and it’s that only 25 out of Cinemark’s 456 theaters across the country will be participating in the Marvel Avengers Movie Marathon. Sorry, fellow New Yorkers, it looks like we’re out of luck. Maybe you can plan a trip to one of these other cities:
- Huntington Beach Bella Terra 20 + XD
- Evanston 18 + XD (Evanston, IL)
- Union City 25 + XD (Union City, CA)
- Daly City 20 + XD (Daly City, CA)
- Cinemark West Plano 20 + XD (Plano, TX)
- Cinemark 18 + XD (Webster, TX)
- Paradise 24 + XD (Davie, FL)
- Valley View 24 + XD (Valley View, OH)
- Sacramento Greenback 16 + XD (Sacramento, CA)
- Century 16 Bel Mar + XD (Lakewood, CO)
- Festival Bay 20 (Orlando, FL)
- Cinemark Robinson Township + XD
- Egyptian 24 + XD (Hanover, MD)
- Cinemark 24 + XD (West Jordan, UT)
- Tinseltown 20 (Merriam, KS)
- Albuquerque Rio 24 + XD (Albuquerque, NM)
- Las Vegas South Point 16 + XD (Las Vegas, NV)
- Tinseltown 20 + XD (Pflugerville, TX)
- Cinemark 17 + IMAX (Tulsa, OK)
- Tucson Park Place 20 + XD (Tucson, AZ)
- Tinseltown 17 (Mission, TX)
- Tinseltown 20 + XD (El Paso, TX)
- Tinseltown 20 + XD (Colorado Springs, CO)
- Century 16 + IMAX (Corpus Christi, TX)
- Anchorage 16 + XD (Anchorage, AK)
Honestly, if you love the Marvel films and don’t mind subsisting on movie theater popcorn for fifteen hours, the $20 admission is a pretty sweet deal. Especially considering that just one movie ticket would be half that amount, and that at least four out of those five movies are worth revisiting. (To be perfectly clear, Iron Man 2 is the one I’m dissing.) Head to Cinemark.com to buy your tickets today.