8. Looper – Young Joe was right-handed. (He shot people with his right hand) but Older Joe was left-handed.
UPDATE: Director Rian Johnson good-naturedly offers his explanation:
— Rian Johnson (@rianjohnson) December 19, 2012
9. Argo – The action takes place in 1980, but Ben Affleck is wearing a Rolex Deepsea Sea Dweller, which wasn’t released until 2008.
10. Underworld: Awakening – Detective Sebastian fires a total of 7 rounds at the Antigen van in the parking garage – three at the driver, two at the front-left tire, one right before the van nearly runs him over and then one after it passes him – without reloading, yet the Taurus Judge revolver he is using is designed to only hold 5 rounds in its cylinder. Later, after Sebastian has reloaded the revolver, he fires 8 rounds at Dr. Lane, again without reloading.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Click over to MovieMistakes.com for numbers 11-30.
As for the most goof-riddled titles of the year, here’s the list:
1. Men in Black III – 63
2. Skyfall – 26
3. The Amazing Spider-Man – 24
4. The Avengers – 22
5. Looper – 14
6. The Dark Knight Rises – 13
7. Prometheus – 13
8. Argo – 13
9. The Hunger Games – 12
10. Underworld: Awakening – 10
The errors are user-submitted, so this is far from a scientific survey. But Men in Black 3‘s spot at the top of the list seems about right. You don’t have to look that closely to notice that movie makes no sense. Hit MovieMistakes.com for more, or revisit last year’s list for comparison.